David Palmini, DVM
Dr. Palmini has been the owner and Medical Director of Conifer Veterinary Hospital since 2003. Dr. Palmini focuses his practice on canine and feline medicine with emphasis on soft-tissue surgery and orthopedics, trauma and critical care, sports medicine, and holistic medicine.
Dr. Palmini has served as Trail Veterinarian for The Iditarod, Attending Veterinarian for FEMA Search and Rescue Dog Certification Trials, and On-Call Veterinarian for Colorado Search and Rescue Task Force 1.
He provided over 300 hours of pro bono veterinary care and served three years on the Board of Directors of Intermountain Humane Society.
Outside of work Dr. Palmini enjoys practicing Krav Maga (Israeli Jiu Jitsu), powerlifting, trail running and numerous outdoor activities with his children. He is an active volunteer in his childrens’ school, albeit focusing on maintenance, construction and moving heavy objects.
Dr. Palmini is currently pursuing a Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine.
Advanced Training and Certifications
- PennHIP Radiographic Evaluation, Certified, 2013
- Stem Cell Therapy, Certified, 2012
- Sled Dog Medicine Training Course, Iditarod Trail Committee, 2005
- Veterinary Medical Acupuncture, Colorado State University, 2004
- International Center for Reiki Training, Master Practitioner, 1997
- International Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- International Sled Dog Veterinary Medical Association
- American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition
- American Academy of Feline Practitioners
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
- American Veterinary Acupuncture Society
Licensed to Practice
- Years in Practice:
- Jan 01, 2000
- Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, DVM Luther College, BA